Before you begin the webquest be sure you have completed your vocab P 818 in the American Journey book.
- Before the Civil War, how did free blacks fight for equality?
- What were open forms of resistance that African Americans used to go against their owners?
- What amendment abolished slavery?
- This amendment allowed blacks to become citizens?
- What did the 15th Amendment do?
- In the 1872 campaign what tactic was used to divide voters?
- Many African American’s voted for which political party?
- What court case was known as the, “separate, but equal case?”
- Looking at question number 8, what does separate, but equal mean?
- What does the term Jim Crow era refer to?
- What age group was effected by segregated schools?
- What did Morgan v. Virginia outlaw?
- What finally integrated public facilities?
After the webquest please pick three headings to complete summary frames.
P 821 Equality in Education
p. 822 The Brown Decision
p. 823 Confrontation in Little Rock
p. 824 The Montgomery Bus Boycott
p. 825 Martin Luther King Jr.